Saturday, November 28, 2009

THE INAUGURAL POST

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE; WHAT'S UP?!!

This is it, Joe Jetson's Log my bring new blog site. I'm super new to this whole concept so be patient as I navigate my way through this new and hopefully enlightening experience. So what's this all about? I am asking myself the same question. I suppose an introduction is in order. My name is Joe Francisco I'm a 27 year old graduate student preparing to receive a Masters Degree in Social Work in the Spring of 2010. For those who know me well, the existence of this blog makes perfect sense. I'm a man of many passions, clinical social work and mental health is just a microscopic fragment of who I am.

I love hip hop culture, spoken word/slam poetry, and entertainment and fashion of all kinds. In a society that is increasingly focused on trends there is a tendency within popular culture to assume that a certain lifestyle is linked to the choices we make regarding clothing, music, what we read, even our political views. In most cases this is true, personally I like to stick to the roots of pure hip hop culture; lending, borrowing, genre blending and bending; taking what currently exists that is either popular or was once popular and making it my own. In other words being as unique as I can be in the ever increasingly homogeneous cesspool that is popular culture.

For myself and those who choose to follow this blog I want to take you on a journey and an introduction to a type of progressive thinking, with regards to pop culture, I like to call " A Futuristic Mind Set". I will elaborate more on this concept next week in my post "A Futuristic State of Mind". Through this blog I hope to give readers/followers, or as I like to call them "Space-Agers", insight into new music, clothing, and trends you may hear or may not hear about, but is worthy of recognition. Most importantly I hope to give you an introduction to who I am as a man, a mental health professional, poet, and human being who cares for others, loves life and most of all doesn't always take himself too seriously.

So once again WELCOME TO THE FUTURE, there will be lots to come including weekly poems, album reviews, artist spotlights, opinions on fashion trends etc.. So until the next week

STAY SPACE-AGE

JOE JETSON :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Joe,

    Before I report you to Blogspot and subsequently get your account deleted, I'd like to offer you the opportunity to explain why a celebrated mental health professional such as yourself would think it appropriate to post an obscene and derogatory remark on my blog. Not once, but twice (presumably to ensure I got the message clearly).

    Is your brief but pointed commentary some sort of professional diagnosis? Did you forget that your comments were not anonymous, and hence you reverted to your 15 year old self - that is, the time before you became an accomplished poet who cares so much for others? Were you possibly drunk and hence have no recollection of your actions?

    Should your memory need refreshing, I am referring to your comments posted on the following item: http://nhoriginal.blogspot.com/2009/04/phil-spector-confirms-split-with-gop.html.

    I look forward to your explanation.

    Regards,

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,

    I appreciate the apology. I'm not sure why my satire gave offense, though. I occasionally watch Stephen Colbert - not because I side with his political views, but because his satire is brilliant.

    I may take exception to your views as well, but it's highly improbably I'd take personal offense to them (unless, possibly, you made some personal comments about my mom).

    Cheers,

    Lance

    ReplyDelete